Saturday, May 31, 2008

11 mile run

Claire dropped me off at Ragle Park in Slowblastapple and I ran home from there.  Again, it is tough to go out there after an 8 hour day of standing in the work area, but I have to consider it cross training.  After all, I will have to run 26 miles after cycling 112 miles.  Anyway, there was still some soreness in my thighs, which I can live with, and I had a couple of nice stabbing pains in my calf, but they disappeared as I got farther into the run.  My total time was 1:27 and my average heart rate was 146.  I was doing just under 8 minute miles for the whole thing.  Claire suggested that I ride in to work this morning, but since we are taking our son and daughter-in-law out tonight, I thought it would be better to save the ride for tomorrow.  I also plan on going out and riding long and hilly on Monday.  My weight is getting better, only about a third stone left to lose. I have not been drinking any alcohol for the last 3 weeks or so, which has helped, but I do have that weakness for Necco Wafers.  I am limiting myself to one package a day.  I had an echocardiogram done the other day, and the doc says that everything looks fine.  That was an interesting experience, getting to see an ultrasound image of my heart at rest and at play.  My resting heart rate was 42 and my playing heart rate was 192.

No comments: