Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bike to work

I rode in to work yesterday.  I took the boring way through slow-blast-apple and down the bike path to Llano and then Todd to Stony Point.  My legs felt a little tired, but only on the little uphills.  I had a great tail wind on Stony Point which made the ride much easier.  I had a good burning sensation in my calf the whole way, but nothing too intense.  I did some stretching in the evening, and iced it a couple of times.  I need to get out for a run and test it.  My sports medicine doctor has referred me to physical therapy for some stretching exercises and hopefully some ultrasound treatment.  The ultrasound stuff really seemed to work well years ago when I was training for the Furnace Creek 508.  When I was swimming for Iowa State years ago I had ultrasound done on my shoulders all the time and it kept most of the pain away.  

No comments: