Monday, March 23, 2009

Long time no blog

It has been a while since I have written. Things have really picked up at the shop, so I don't feel like I have a lot of extra time to put stuff in here. I have been out a couple of times since early March. I have gone for a couple of runs where I felt great. I ran the Elmo loop the other morning and felt really good. Then a couple of days ago I went out for my neighborhood run and felt a little tightness in my lower calf at the end.

Claire and I were going to go out on a mountain bike ride the other afternoon, but when I pulled my mountain bike out, I realized that sitting around for a couple of months covered in mud hadn't been good for it. I need to spend some time fixing it up, thank goodness it only has one gear. We did go out and do our favorite loop together. Today we went out on the tandem for a 38 mile loop. We both agreed that it was a perfect day for a ride and it was the perfect loop for the day. I had been fooling around with the Garmin and had put our loop in as a course beforehand. This meant that we could race an imaginary person who was riding 15 mph the entire time. We ended up finishing about 4 miles ahead of the person. Next time I will have to put in a faster pacer.

Oh yea, I did ride my Somec fixed gear in to work on Wednesday. I then decided to take the long way home. I rode out Roblar and then out to Freestone and Occidental. At that point I was getting pretty tired and hungry. The shop had been busy enough that I hadn't had a chance to have lunch. I had eaten a can of pineapple right before I left, but I think it was wearing off. Anyway, I climbed up Graton Road and then turned onto Harrison Grade for some reason. Remember that I was riding my fixed gear (39x15). Then for some even crazier reason I turned on Green Valley Road and headed over to 116. Needless to say, by the time I got home you could stick a fork in my legs, they were cooked. I ended up with a little over 60 miles for the day.

No comments: