Monday, March 30, 2009

Exploring with Claire and Mathilda


We went out yesterday and did a nice casual, interesting ride. It was all Claire's idea as she had heard rumors that there was a way to get from Wohler Bridge over to the River Front Regional Park which is off of Eastside Road. We put Mathilda in the trailer and Claire hopped on her trusty Ibis SS while I road my Cannondale cross bike. Here is a link to our loop. We did some exploring around Sonoma County Water Agency property. I am pretty sure it was all legal. We ended up at the park and we rode around the lake.
On the way home we stopped by our own regional park and let Mathilda swim a bit. She even fetched a stick once for us. She was a little sore by the time we got home. In fact, when we got to our door, she didn't want to get out of the trailer.

I had my first "crash" in a while. I was on my unicycle and it was more embarrassing than painful. Usually the unicycle just goes flying, but this time we both went flying. I ended up with a couple of cuts on my leg, but luckily I had just shaved the day before, so there was no hair to make things uglier. While I was unicycling, Claire was taking Thom the cat for a walk.

No comments: