Saturday, July 26, 2008

Running in Oakridge, Oregon

Well, we are up in McKinnville, OR at the Hotel Oregon getting ready to head back to Claire's sister's house in Oakridge.  We went to a former employee's wedding last night up here.  He had worked for us from when he was 14 till, I think, around 18 years old.  He married his high school sweetheart. 

I went out for a run in Oakridge yesterday.  It was an awesome run of around 2 hours and 15 minutes.  I did most of my running in the Green Water Park.  I found a beautiful single track trail that ran up the side of a mountain.  I ran up hill for almost 45 minutes with my heart rate averaging around 175.  I then found a paved road to run down.  The downhill was the tough part, and my thighs are a little sore today.  My average heart rate was 154 for the run.  I was trying to take it easy, but when I get the chance to run on trails, I have a hard time keeping things contained.  

The Vineman is one week from today.  I am not putting any expectations on myself.  I jokingly told Claire I was only doing the event so that I could get a couple of extra days off at the shop.  I really don't know what to expect from the bike ride.  I only know that I want to take it easy.  I will try to keep my heart rate under 150 for the bike ride in hopes that I will have something left over for the run.  I am also going to focus on hydration, hydration, and hydration.

No comments: