Thursday, August 16, 2007

Running in Annadel


I went for a great run last night in Annadel State Park. I ran for a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes. I am planning on participating in the Humboldt Redwood Marathon which will take place on October 21. I haven't set any goals for myself yet. Many, many years ago I ran 3:05 in the Drake Marathon back in Iowa. I didn't train at all for it, but I was only 19, and was coming off a swimming season where I had been swimming about 5 hours a day. It would be great to break that 3 hour mark, but I don't know if my legs have that many 7 minute miles in them. I really have fallen in love with running, so I am looking forward to the training. The run was definitely my weakest event during the Vineman, but part of that can be attributed to my lack of food and water.

No comments: