Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not enough time

Well, Claire and I will be taking off for Utah tomorrow for the Cannondale 2010 bicycle launch. It will be a busy couple of days with plenty of meetings and plenty of demo riding. We have already set up some mountain biking for Friday and some road riding for Saturday. I am really excited about the 2010 line. It sounds like the 2010 SuperSix is going to be a hot bike. We have been putting in some extra time at the shop to try to prepare for our "business trip".

Summer is in full swing at the shop right now and I feel really bad whenever I have to tell people that our repair schedule is backed up. I remind customers that they wouldn't want to eat at a restaurant with no cars in the parking lot. Some people are scheduling appointments for tune-ups which works really great. That way they only have to leave their bikes for a day or two.

Thanks to Claire I have had the opportunity to commute into work and home a couple of times lately. I have made sure to take the scenic routes. I would have a connect to a ride link here, but my Garmin has decided not to download my last two rides. I am trying the switch over to the Crank Brothers pedals and I am happy with them so far. I had been riding some very old CODA SPD pedals, but they kept breaking in half on my rides.

We have 75 bikes coming in from Giant today. I'm glad I won't have to be stocking them. There will be a smattering of 2010 bikes in the order, but mainly Boulders and the such. I think we will be seeing an order of Cannondales in the next week or so. We are also busy building up as many Nirve cruisers as we can. They definitely have lots of character.

No comments: